To provide academic support services to assist students with disabilities in achieving their educational goals.
Appropriate accommodations are provided to those qualified persons with disabilities, such as:
- Placement Test Accommodations
- Testing: extended time, writer/scribe, reader, room with fewer distractions
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Early Registration
- Adaptive Equipment
- Access to Computers
- Alternative Version Textbooks
- Special Advising
To find out what accommodations you may qualify for, please contact the Director of Disability Support Services Travis Kromminga at 507-280-2968 or through the Minnesota relay TTY 1-800-627-3529. You can also reach him by e-mail at email@example.com
*Forms for a given semester are available 1 week prior to that semester’s begin date.
Location of Offices
We are located at the 十博体育官网app下载 main campus in the Student Support Services office, SS176. Our phone numbers are: 507-280-2968 and the Minnesota relay TTY 1-800-627-3529 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 504 and Americans with Disabilities Act
Rochester Community and Technical College (十博体育官网app下载) is in compliance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (P.L. 93-112) which mandates equal opportunity for the qualified disabled person in education programs and activities of all recipients of federal financial aid assistance. Section 504 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disabilities and offers to disabled persons opportunity to participate fully in all educational programs and activities. 十博体育官网app下载 is in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act. The ADA ensures that each program, service or activity that 十博体育官网app下载 provides, is accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities. If any student feels that the provisions listed here are not being met, the student should contact the Director of Disability Support Services.
All information that is provided to the DSS office is used for the benefit of the student in determining accommodations and is maintained as confidential as permitted by law. All student information provided to the DSS office will be maintained in the DSS office to ensure limited access. A student has the right to review his/her own file. There are specific federal and state limitations to confidentiality. Release of information is required under the following situations: a student indicates harm to self or another, reports physical or sexual abuse of children or vulnerable adults, the use of illegal drugs during pregnancy, and/or reports sexual exploitation by counseling or health-care professionals.
Students are required to provide documentation to the 十博体育官网app下载 Disability Support Services Office (DSS) that is relevant and complete enough to establish the existence of a disability, to explain the impact of the disability on one of life’s major activities, and to recommend appropriate accommodations in the college setting. See what proper documentation includes in the navy box in this brochure at right.
It is the responsibility of the student seeking accommodations to provide complete documentation before accommodations are provided. The cost of obtaining documentation is the responsibility of the student. Disability Support Services does not do diagnostic testing.
A letter on official letterhead from the facility that diagnosed your disability.
- The credentials of the evaluator must be documented.
- The documentation must identify the disability and the assessment method used to arrive at the diagnosis.
- The documentation must include an explanation of the student’s current level of functioning and resulting needs for accommodations in the college setting.
- The documentation needs to be recent as it pertains to the disability in question.
- Recommendations for specific accommodations in the college setting are necessary.
The Disability Supports Services application process for students:
- Complete the college admission application process.
- Provide documentation of your disability to support the request for accommodations.
Documentation can be emailed to:
Assistant Director of Disability Support Services
The application process for Post-Secondary Enrollment Option:
- Complete the P.S.E.O. application form on the 十博体育官网app下载 admissions website.
- Have the required high school rank.
- Provide documentation of your disability.
- Complete the 十博体育官网app下载 academic assessments with the required recommendations in reading and writing through Disability Support Services.