Here are the steps you should follow to complete your enrollment at Rochester Community and Technical College. Remember, there are application and enrollment deadlines, so earlier is better!
- Apply to Rochester Community and Technical College (十博体育官网app下载)
- Activate your Star ID
- Provide Course Placement and Eligibility Materials
- Complete Thrive in the Hive (Orientation)
- Register for Classes
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Activate your Student email account
- Get a Student ID Card
- Pay tuition
- Buy Books
- Get Involved!
We encourage you to apply for admission up to one full year prior to the semester you plan to enroll at 十博体育官网app下载. Early applicants get first priority for testing and registration. There is NO application fee at 十博体育官网app下载!
NOTE: International Student Application deadlines are different than the deadlines stated above. Please refer to the International Student application page for more specific information.
The StarID is a username with the goal of replacing your many login IDs with one ID, one password, everywhere. Once you activate it, you can use your StarID and password anywhere that accepts StarID. It is unique across the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, so you can use it at more than one school.
If you have problems activating or updating your StarID, please contact the Technology Support Help Desk at 507-536-5555 or stop by their office in the Welcome and One Stop Center.
All new students need to be placed in the proper English, Reading, or Math courses.
Students can have their test scores and high school GPA considered for college placement, what we call “Multiple Measures for Course Placement.” These items can be mailed OR emailed to email@example.com.
- Send test scores:
- Students can verify test scores (ACT, SAT, MCA, or ALEKS) pulled out of their portal (unofficial test scores) with a College Transitions Advisor or high school Counselor and send to 十博体育官网app下载. Official ACT or SAT copies are also accepted when a student requests them from ACT or College Board. ACT, SAT, and MCA test scores are valid for 5 years. ALEKS test scores are valid for 2 years.
- Provide your unweighted GPA:
- Send a high school transcript with your unweighted GPA to 十博体育官网app下载 for placement. High school GPA is valid for 10 years.
- If you intend to participate in 十博体育官网app下载 athletics, you will need to send an official, final high school transcript for eligibility purposes. This transcript can also be used for placement.
Students who have attended any college or university (even if they withdrew), completed college-level English, or would like other courses to be evaluated for credit will need to submit official college transcripts prior to placement.
All new, degree-seeking students for Summer and Fall 2024 must complete the new student Orientation course through D2L (Desire 2 Learn/Brightspace) called Thrive in the Hive. Admitted students will be enrolled in the course once placement materials are on file. Steps 1-4 must be completed prior to receiving an advising/registration appointment. PSEO students for Fall 2024 will be required to complete the PSEO Thrive in the Hive.
To access Thrive in the Hive, click on this link: D2L Login. If you cannot see the THRIVE IN THE HIVE banner, please contact the Welcome and One Stop Center at 507-285-7557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following completion of steps #3 and #4 above, students will be directed to schedule a registration appointment with their Academic Advisor. This information will come to the student’s personal e-mail address.
Federal and State Financial Aid is available to students who qualify based on past tax information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can apply online at www.studentaid.gov or visit the 十博体育官网app下载 Financial Aid website at flroljy.cheapusahouses.com/financialaid.
Stop by the Welcome and One Stop Center between 10am and 2pm Monday through Friday with a copy of your class schedule and a government-issued ID to get your student ID card.
Once you’ve registered for your classes you can take your schedule to the bookstore and buy your textbooks, lab equipment, and other supplies, you may also go online and order your books and other supplies. You should always have your books and supplies before classes begin.
Going to class is, well, the best way to ensure your own success in college. But class is only part of the college experience. Don’t bypass all of the other activities and opportunities you have to make your college years the best they can be! Be adventurous, get involved with Student Life!